Upgrade Your Eldershield Using Your Medisave Now!
Enjoy a $100 first year discount on all premiums PLUS a $20 NTUC Voucher
(Conditions : One must born in 1979 and before and in General Good Health)
* Promotion Ends On 31st July 2020 (WatsApp “20” to +65 87666456)
What is Eldershield and How Will It Benefit Me?
ElderShield is a severe disability protection plan which aims to provide basic financial protection to Singaporeans / Permanent Residents who need long-term care, especially in old age. Launched in 2002, the scheme was designed to help supplement savings in the event of severe disability. You can use your CPF Medisave funds to pay the premium to upgrade your coverage without using cash.
“Severe disability” is the inability of an individual to perform at least three of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) independently, with or without mobility aids (e.g. walking aids, wheelchair). This means that the individual will require the physical assistance of another person for the ADL.
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) include:
The ability to wash in the bath or shower (including getting into and out of the bath or shower) or wash by other means.
The ability to put on, take off, secure and unfasten all garments and, as appropriate, any braces, artificial limbs or other surgical or medical appliances.
The ability to feed oneself food after it has been prepared and made available.
The ability to use the lavatory or manage bowel and bladder function through the use of protective undergarments or surgical applicances if appropriate.
|Walking Or Moving Around
The ability to move indoors from room to room on leel surfaces.
The ability to move from a bed to an upright chair or wheelchair, and vice versa.
For more information about Eldershield, visit the official government website (MOH) here
Why Should I Upgrade My Eldershield Plan?
- Enjoy unlimited payout term: you will receive the monthly payouts as long as you are disabled.
- Custom Payout Benefit: choose your preferred monthly payout (inclusive of ElderShield benefit) from a minimum of $600 to a maximum of $5000 (in increments of $100).
- Custom Monthly Payout Duration – Choose between a fixed 12-year (144 months) duration or unlimited lifetime payout.
- Custom Payment Term – paying until 66 (age next birthday) or for 20 years from entry age, whichever is later.
- Increase and lengthen the Eldershield payout. You can choose to start pay out when there is an inability to perform at least 2 out of the 6 ADLs (instead of 3 out of the 6 ADLs) – offering you faster financial relief at a time when you need support the most.
- A dependent care benefit of $200 per month payable up to 36 months if you have a child aged 21 years old and below at claim.
- A Rehabilitation Benefit of 50% of the monthly payout during your recovery stage.
- A death benefit that will pay three times your last payout if death occurs during the severe disability.
- A guaranteed renewal that allows you to continue coverage as needed.